Status Report / Fit to Sue
There is a philosophy created in recent times, which is Risk Aversion. In reality this is nothing more than adopting a sensible common sense approach to everything we do.
Information is vital, particularly credit and assist before any legal action is taken. When you take legal proceedings against a debtor, you need to be sure that the debtor has the money to take legal action against; if not then it could be a waist off time.
We offer a pre-sue report that is very useful for identifying the financial status of an individual or business. The information that is gathered will enable you to make a decision on whether the case is worthwhile to progress with legal action or not.
Unfortunately there are no magic buttons to press to get the answers and sometimes the findings may indicate that the defendant has no assets or means to settle the debt and cost. If this is the case it should be regarded in a positive manner as you will not be "throwing good money after bad"!
There are many obstacles in the way of the investigator, non-more so than the UK Law and in Particular - The Data Protection Act 1988(DPA).
So what can the Professional Investigator or Enquiry Agent find out?
Some information to start with, will be:
- The subject's correct full name and date of birth
- The subject's current residential address and confirmation of how long they have lived at the address along with confirmation of previous addresses
- A visit to the property together with a description along with a drive-by valuation and photographs of the property and various other relevant information obtained at the time
- Land Registry searches detailing ownership of all confirmed linked addresses
- The subject's current employment status along with employer's details
- Directors search including full details of any connected companies
- Details of any CCJs against the subject including the value of the judgment, the date obtained, court and case number
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency searches
- Electoral roll search, listing all the registered co occupant
- Detailed internet searches
- Confirmation of other trading addresses and details of other business interests and partnerships
- Copies of media or newspaper articles concerning the subject including details of any reported court appearances
- Location of other properties owned by the subject and details of sales particulars or managing agents
- Other names or alias used and shadow directorships
- Information on any suspected assets
- Description of motors vehicles driven or ownership of valuable private registration numbers
- Mobile or other telephone numbers
- Description of subjects current lifestyle
This will give the investigator a good starting place to try and work out from, which may provide further information and intelligence which may become key to establishing the information sought by the client.
Instruct a Professional Private Investigator
Please do not hesitate to contact EAN today and ask for a free no obligation quote by calling: 0845 230 3012 or emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please visit: Private Investigators Manchester for further information on our Fit to Sue reports.